Sea Turtles of the Atlantic and Gulf of MexicoRegular price $9.98
- Describes in detail the five sea turtles that inhabit the Gulf of Mexico and U.S. Atlantic: Loggerhead, Leatherback, Hawksbill, Green, and the Kemp’s Ridley
- Includes detailed description and illustrations of the hatchlings, juveniles, and adults of each species, including maps showing their North American nesting beaches and ranges
- Life cycle of mating, nesting, hatchling birth and trip to the sea, juvenile maturation and adult life is described with diagrams and text.
- Also includes sections on nesting behavior, threats to sea turtles, and conservation measures to keep them safe.
- Blair and Dawn Witherington are professional naturalists. Blair is a research scientist with the University of Florida with baccalaureate and master's degrees in biology from the University of Central Florida and a doctorate in zoology from the University of Florida. Dawn is a graphic design artist and scientific illustrator trained at the Art Institutes of Colorado and Ft. Lauderdale.
- Handy fold-out format: 6 panels each 4″ X 9″. Perfect for backpack, glove compartment, or kitchen table
- Indestructible lamination – water and beach-proof
- Instant access to just what you need to know
Q: I don't see the item I was looking for online. Do you carry more items in your store?
A: Absolutely! We have hundreds of unique items available in the Turtle Central Gift Shop. We are always adding new/restocked items to our website. If you do not see the item you are looking for, give us a call at 910-457-0917 to see if it is available--you can order right over the phone.
Q: I saw an item online a few days ago and now it is gone. What happened?
A: Our website only shows items that we have in stock ready for shipment. When an item is temporarily out of stock, it is automatically removed from our website. As soon as it is back in stock it will show up again, so check back often!
Q: Where is Turtle Central Gift Shop located?
A: We are located on Bald Head Island at 700 Federal Road. If you are on the island, take Federal Road towards the eastern end of the island. Turtle Central Gift Shop is on the campus of the Bald Head Island Conservancy next to the foundation of the old Cape Fear Light.
Q: Can I order over the phone?
A: If you prefer to order via the telephone, please give us a call at 910-457-0917. We can assist you faster if you have the item name(s) and quantities.
Q: I have a question or comment about my order. How can I contact you?
A: The best way to reach us is via phone during our business hours: 910-457-0917
You can also email us: email@example.com
Q: Do I get my membership discount when I order online?
A: Members of the Bald Head Island Conservancy save 10% in Turtle Central Gift Shop. An online discount code is available to all current members. Please call us so we can verify your membership and provide you with your discount code. 910-457-0917
All orders over $75 ship for free!
Shipping options will give an estimated delivery date. Please keep in mind Bald Head Island is accessible only via boat. Once an item leaves our store, it is delivered to our Island Post Center to be prepared for shipment via a barge, which departs the island once a day. Depending on the barge schedule, our shipments are subject to possible delays.
- During the summer season (June-August), all orders received by 12:00pm EST will be processed within 24 hours.
- During the off season (September-May), all online orders received by 12:00 pm EST, Monday-Friday will be processed within 1-2 business days.
2022 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
|USPS First Class Mail||December 15, 2022|
|USPS Priority Mail||December 17, 2022|
If a specific delivery time is needed, please call 910-457-0917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.